Calendar of Upcoming Virtual Meetings in June 2021
- First Monday: "Stamped From the Beginning" | Book Study | Kathleen O'Hanlon & Joyce Anders
Zoom Link: 7 pm June 7 2021 (first Monday of the month)
- Tuesdays: 10:30 a.m. every Tuesday Morning "Jeremiah" (we formerly met at Panera)
- Wednesdays: | "On Guard" | Tuesday Adult Education Class 7:30 pm Central Time | Tim VanNasdale
Zoom Link for first meeting: Tuesday, June 8 2021 On June 8 and June 15 we will be watching a documentary in two parts, followed by discussion. On 6/22 Tim will begin our next class "On Guard". Details will arive in email.
- Sundays: | SundayWorship Service is still virtual | June 6 Service is, 10:30 a.m. (or any other time you choose),
"Take My Yoke", by Church Member, Ed Wahl, for "Laity Sunday"
AND "Heavenly Perks" | Post Sunday Worship Meet-up currently on Zoom | We called this Heavenly Perks (before the Pandemic, this was our social coffee time after worship) | Traditionally 11:15 a.m. - 1 p.m. Sunday |
- The next Healing & Wholeness Service date: TBD 7 p.m. Virtual Prayer is always available for individuals' needs | Please email sarmist@aol for prayer needs request
Looking forward | scripture readings for sunday's June13 worship| psalm 133 & Mark 4:35-41
PSALM 133 | COMMON ENGLISH BIBLE
A pilgrimage song. Of David.
133 Look at how good and pleasing it is when families[a] live together as one! 2 It is like expensive oil poured over the head, running down onto the beard—Aaron’s beard!—which extended over the collar of his robes. 3 It is like the dew on Mount Hermon streaming down onto the mountains of Zion, because it is there that the Lord has commanded the blessing: everlasting life.
MARK 4:35-41 | COMMON ENGLISH BIBLE
Jesus stops a storm
35 Later that day, when evening came, Jesus said to them, “Let’s cross over to the other side of the lake.” 36 They left the crowd and took him in the boat just as he was. Other boats followed along. 37 Gale-force winds arose, and waves crashed against the boat so that the boat was swamped. 38 But Jesus was in the rear of the boat, sleeping on a pillow. They woke him up and said, “Teacher, don’t you care that we’re drowning?” 39 He got up and gave orders to the wind, and he said to the lake, “Silence! Be still!” The wind settled down and there was a great calm. 40 Jesus asked them, “Why are you frightened? Don’t you have faith yet?” 41 Overcome with awe, they said to each other, “Who then is this? Even the wind and the sea obey him!”