Virtual Service of Healing and Wholeness at 7:00 pm | september 6 2021
ZOOM VIRTUAL PRAYER AT 7:15-7:45. iNSTRUCTIONS BELOW
There are two ways to experience the first presbyterian church of homewood's VIRTUAL SERVICE OF HEALING AND WHOLENESS.
1.enjoy viewing them in a YOUTUBE PLAYLIST-- One-Video-At-A-Time or "Play All" or
2. Click the video below for the may 31 2021 | Virtual Service [14:51]
TONIGHT WE ARE also OFFERING A VIRTUAL PRAYER table, between 7:15-7:45, using the ZOOM program. For those who have zoom, CLICK ON THE image of the PRAYER TABLE below. follow the instructions | When system dialog prompts, click Open link.the message will say "please wait for the host to start this meeting." wait. Laurie will be there.
the prayer table photo below IS A LINK THAT WILL virtually TAKE YOU TO laurie WHO WILL BE ABLE TO PRAY FOR YOU.
Thank you for joining us this evening. It is our prayer that you were able to feel comfort and hear encouragement with this service. Please call 708 471 3626 for further information about this service or First Presbyterian Church of Homewood.
NEXT .... check HERE for what's happening ...
Calendar of Upcoming Virtual Meetings in October/November 2021
- First Monday: "Stamped From the Beginning" | Book Study | Kathleen O'Hanlon & Joyce Anders
Zoom Link: 7 pm-8:30 November 1, 2021 (first Monday of the month)
- Tuesdays: | "On Guard" | Tuesday Adult Education Class | 7:00 pm Central Time | Tim VanNasdale
- Sundays: | SundayWorship Service We are now worshiping only in the church building at 11 am on Sunday morning,
The Twenty First Sunday after Pentecost (10/17/21), is entitled, "Still Upside Down", 17929 Gottschalk Avenue, Homewood IL, Pastor Dudley Elvery's sermon.
Next Sunday, (10/24/21) Reverend Jane Tuma, will be our preacher.
- Live Streaming Service can be found on the Worship Page" | Post Sunday Virtual Worship Meet-up is continuing on Zoom 12 noon. - 2 p.m. Sunday
- The most recent Healing & Wholeness Service date was: Labor Day 7 p.m. Virtual Prayer is always available for individuals' needs | Please email sarmist@aol for prayer needs request
Looking forward | scripture readings for sunday's October 24 will be
Psalm 34:1-8 and Mark 10:46-52
Psalm 34:1-8 ||| Common English Bible
one finally is bone from my bones
and flesh from my flesh. She will be called a woman[b] because from a man[c] she was taken.” 24 This is the reason that a man leaves his father and mother and embraces his wife, and they become one flesh.
Mark 10:46 - 52 ||| Common English Bible
2 Sgged the children and blessed them.
2018 Sunday Services
Ready, Set, Go!
August 26, 2018 | Prayer for Illumination, Psalm 84, Ready, Set, Go! [21 minutes] |
August 26, 2018 | [to be added] Click on this link to hear the whole service. It will play as if you were present. [One Hour Sixteen Minutes]
Called to the Cusp
- Click on this link to hear the whole 1:10 service. It will play as if you were present.
- Or to begin with the Prayer for Illumination followed by:
- The FIRST SCRIPTURE READING Mark 2:23 - 3:6
- ANTHEM I Surrender, Lord
- SECOND SCRIPTURE READING 1 Samuel 3:1-10 p. 236 / 306 OT
- SERMON Called to the Cusp By Pastor Dudley Elvery
Watch and Wait?
06-10 Click on this link to hear the sermon portion of First Presbyterian Church of Homewood, "Watch and Wait?" by Pastor Dudley Elvery [28 minutes]
Palm Sunday - March 25, 2018 | Complete Service
Video Below: Congregational Response 820, "Nothing Can Trouble" | Prayer for Illumination | Scripture Readings (Psalm 118:19-29) and (Philippians 2:5-11)
Cantata | Portraits in Grace | Joseph M. Martin
- Prelude - Musicians [0-2:56]
Narration 1 - The Beauty of Jesus, the Creator [2:57-4:51]
- Portrait [4:55 - 8:15]
Narration 2 - The Beauty of Jesus, the Savior [8:17 - 9:07]
- Fairest Lord Jesus [9:07 - 12:05]
Narration 3 - The Beauty of Jesus, the Healer [12:06-13:00]
- The Healer [13:00-16:17]
Narration 4 - The Beauty of Jesus, the King [16:18 - 17:41]
- Behold the King [17:42 - 21:35]
Narration 5 - The Beauty of Jesus, the King [21:35 - 22:35]
- We Remember [22:36 - 26:03]
Narration 6 - The Beauty of Jesus, the Man of Sorrows [26:06 - 26:52]
- A Sacred Garden [26:53 - 31:19]
Narration 7 - The Beauty of Jesus, the Redeemer [0:00 - 1:46]
- Let Us Gather in the Shadow of the Cross [1:47 - 4:41 ]
Narration 8 - The Beauty of Jesus, the Grace-Giver [4:42 - 6:21]
- Portrait of the Cross [6:22 - 11:50]
- Recessional of Shadows [11:55 - 14:16]
Portraits in Grace A Cantata for Holy Week, by Joseph M. Martin
Directed by Tim VanNasdale
Narrator, Pastor Dudley Elvery
Musicians, Pianist Tim VanNasdale; Flautist, Tricia Hentschel; Cellist: David Keller
Choir, Janet Wahl, Li Hilario, Jan Bunker, Kathleen O'Hanlon, Laurie Ulrich, Kathie Darman
Verne Moore, Paul Gerrish, Rod Dunlap, Emmanuel Hilario, Evelyn Dixon, Melodee Leimnetzer